- College/University: Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Award: Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Traditional and computer processes are utilized for in-depth studio investigations into various conceptual and technical applications to achieve effective visual communication solutions. Investigations deal with one or more the following: symbols, typography, information design, systems, 3D, visual concepts, visual research, motions graphics, brand identity, web design, and multimedia. Projects may include logos, brochures, posters, magazine layouts, packaging, web sites, mobile applications, motion graphics, and many more issues that deal with visual communication and society. The American Institute of Graphic Artists (AIGA) and The National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) do not recognize the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in art or design as adequate preparation for entry as a graphic design professional. The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) is considered the professional and specialized degree program for entry into practice. At the BFA level an internship is required.
- Minnesota State University Moorhead 56563