- College/University: Southwest Minnesota State University
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program is designed to help students learn about social work practice in the surrounding rural area. It also prepares graduates for beginning generalist practice. With an advanced degree, graduates may find employment in public state and county agencies, health facilities such as hospitals and nursing homes, and private agencies. Students complete basic social science, biology, and social work courses prior to admission to the Social Work program. The student will complete 12 credits of practice courses and 16 credits of fieldwork in a social service agency. In addition, there are policy, research, and human behavior in the social environment requirements.
- Southwest Minnesota State University 56258