Elementary Teacher Education
- College/University: Southwest Minnesota State University
- Award: Bachelor of Science
- Credits: 120
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program meets Minnesota Board of Teaching rules regarding licensure for grades K-6. Coursework in chemical dependency, personal health, and human relations is required. Students in the program have a variety of supervised experiences in elementary classrooms. Study topics include child growth and development, learning theory, content knowledge and methods, curriculum planning, and foundations of education. Elementary education majors progress through the program in cohort groups, learning decision-making skills for school change.
- Brainerd 56401
- Southwest Minnesota State University 56258