Emergency Medical Technician
- College/University: Inver Hills Community College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 9
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This certificate is designed to provide a basic education in emergency medical care, teach the competencies required for students to prepare for the national certification examination, and to prepare students for certification and a career as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). This program teaches responsibility in emergency care of the critically sick or injured, and develops skills in the use of and care of all basic emergency equipment. Program curriculum includes topics such as patient assessment, trauma skills, care and recognition of heart disease, respiratory problems and other medical emergencies, and includes field clinical experience.
- Inver Hills Community College 55076
- Saint Paul Fire Department Station 51 55102