- College/University: Inver Hills Community College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The objectives of the Paralegal Certificate Program are to prepare students to assume general responsibilities of paralegals, and provides continuing educational experiences for persons who are presently employed in the legal field. This program prepares graduates for work under the supervision of attorneys in a variety of legal specialty areas, such as corporate law, criminal law, domestic relations (family law), estate administration, litigation, and real estate. Graduates are trained to 1)apply the law and legal procedures in rendering direct assistance to lawyers; 2)do competent legal research, 3)prepare and interpret legal documents, 4)analyze procedural and substantive legal problems, 5)interview clients and witnesses, and 6)investigate and manage cases.
- Inver Hills Community College 55076