- College/University: Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 28
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling certificate prepares individuals to help prevent substance abuse, counsel individuals and families with drug and alcohol problems, and perform intervention and therapeutic services for persons suffering from addiction. The certificate prepares students for State licensure, and it includes instruction in individual and group counseling skills, psychology of addiction, sociology, crisis intervention, substance abuse identification methodologies, substance abuse treatment modalities, substance abuse prevention and treatment resources, pharmacology and behavioral aspects of abused substances, treatment evaluation, patient observation and education, group dynamics, professional standards and ethics, and applicable law and regulations.
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College 55720
- Mille Lacs Reservation - East Lake 55760