Early Childhood Development
- College/University: Pine Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree prepares students to organize and lead activities and provide nurturing care for children in early childhood programs such as child care centers, family child care, preschool/nursery schools, elementary classrooms and before/after-school programs. Graduates of the A.S. degree will know how to promote and communicate knowledge of child development; create healthy, respectful and challenging learning environments; create and maintain respectful and supportive relationships with families; and design and implement developmentally and culturally appropriate activities and curriculum. Articulation opportunities exist with other colleges and universities to complete bachelor degree programs after completing the A.S. degree.
- Pine Technical and Community College 55063