- College/University: St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 66
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Culinary Arts AAS degree offers students extensive hands-on cooking experience while including a broad range of liberal arts and management courses to provide students the skills needed to succeed in the complex food world. The program embraces a wide range of cuisines and cultures which expose students to a variety of cooking techniques, recipes, and ingredients that satisfy today's consumers. As part of the program students will develop nutrition, kitchen procedures, menu planning, and recipe development in specialized courses that each focus on important aspects of culinary development. Additional courses will expose students to the business aspects of culinary arts such as financial planning, human resources, customer relations, and the legal environment. Graduates will have a firm grasp of fundamental culinary and management techniques that support successful culinary operations and are demanded by consumers and industry employers.
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College 56303