- College/University: Northwest Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program focuses on the design and installation of commercial and light industrial mechanical systems including HVAC/R, plumbing, and to some extent electrical systems. Focus is placed on understanding and implementing the plumbing, and mechanical codes to insure the safety of occupants and the proper operation of a structure and its mechanical and electrical systems. Some of the systems include: boilers (steam and hot water), ventilation/exhaust and indoor air quality systems, drain/waste/vent and domestic water systems, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, and the related control systems for all of these categories. Emphasis is placed on understanding the importance of proper sizing, design, and installation practices.
- Northwest Technical College, Bemidji 56601
- Hoffman Building 56601