- College/University: Lake Superior College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 3
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Nursing Assistant course is designed to prepare the student for basic entry level employment in a long-term care facility, hospital, and other medical settings. This course introduces concepts of basic human needs, health/illness continuum, and basic nursing skills. It is designed to prepare the student for entry level as a Nursing Assistant. This course includes a mandatory 24 hour clinical component to be completed in a Long-Term Care facility. This course serves as an introduction to the nursing sequence for students who choose to advance in the nursing, and other medical professions. Upon successful completion of this course, the student is entitled to take the State Nursing Assistant Test Out. This test is required to be awarded a Nursing Assistant Certificate. This course meets the Federal OBRA and Minnesota Department of Health requirements. Please note this certificate does not meet the minimum hour requirements for certification in Wisconsin.
- Lake Superior College 55811
- Minnesota Veterans Home, Silver Bay 55614
- Ecumen Scenic Shores, Two Harbors 55616
- Lincoln Secondary School 55733