Physical Therapist Assistant
- College/University: Lake Superior College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 74
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program provides an opportunity to become an educated health care provider who delivers physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist. The PTA is able to observe and assess the patient�s condition, teach exercises and activities of daily living, use specialized equipment, demonstrate professional skills while implementing treatment procedures, observe the patient�s response to treatment, and document. Physical therapy practitioners minimize physical disability, movement dysfunction, and pain. Physical therapist assistants may find opportunity to work in a variety of settings.
- Lake Superior College 55811