- College/University: Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
MCTC's Addiction Counseling Program will teach you the special counseling and interpersonal skills you need to work with individuals troubled by alcohol and drug abuse. MCTC's program, the largest in the state, is taught by faculty with decades of clinical experience. You will learn how to counsel individuals as well as groups, highlighting different techniques and emphasizing the importance of interpersonal and cross-cultural communications. During the program you will receive extensive hands-on training through one of the many internships available at alcohol-and drug-specific agencies. *NOTE: As of July 1, 2008, minimum qualifications for licensure have changed. Bachelor's degrees in any field and MCTC diploma requirements will be required for permit licensure. An associate degree in Addiction Counseling will allow graduates to apply for a temporary permit to work in the field for no more than five years until a bachelor's degree is obtained.
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College 55403