- College/University: Ridgewater College
- Award: Diploma
- Credits: 32
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program teaches basic welding, blueprint reading, shearing, braking, drilling operations, shop equipment and tools, and safety. Students are trained to pass x-ray requirements in plate welding while complying with AWS and ASME codes, and to understand correct rod selection for different welding applications. Five areas of welding are offered: shield manual arc, gas tungsten (heliarc), gas metal arc welding, oxyacetylene welding, cutting manual and machine, and plasma arc cutting manual and machine.
- Ridgewater College, Hutchinson 55350
- Ridgewater College, Willmar 56201