Industrial Systems Technology
- College/University: Hibbing Community College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The industrial Systems technology program prepares students for employment in today�s technologically advanced industrial and manufacturing environment. through hands-on training, students learn skills such as mobile equipment operating, blueprint reading, mechanical systems, electricity fundamentals, welding, machining, fluid power, gear and belt-drive systems, and various diagnostic and repair procedures. Students will learn and understand the economic and environmental impact of industry. Class visits will be taken to industries such as mining, pulp and paper, power generation, industrial construction and light manufacturing. these visits will allow students a first-hand look at the industry environment as well as allow students to network. Students are trained to safely and efficiently operate mobile and plant equipment and are required to incorporate teamwork, effective communication skills and critical thinking throughout the program.
- Hibbing Community College 55746