Teach Together Minnesota!
May 16, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Teach Together Minnesota! is a free, virtual conference bringing together educators from across Minnesota to have discussions with colleagues in their field of study grounded in cultural fluency and culturally relevant pedagogies.
Learn from our intentional efforts to change our practices to be more culturally responsive in order to achieve more equitable practices and outcomes for our students.
- What the Data Taught Us
- Student Panel
- Faculty Learning Community Project Perusals
- Disicpline Group Discussions
- Making Connections Panel
More information about these sessions will be announced as they are finalized.
Registrants will also get a free digital copy of the book Inclusive Teaching: Strategies for Promoting Equity in the College Classroom, by Kelly A. Hogan, to help inform the discipline discussions.
Listen to this podcast for a condensed version of the book's content.
This conference is open to anyone in Minnesota that supports student learning, whether you are a colleague at a K-12 school or a public or private college or university, you are encouraged to join us.
- Minnesota State faculty
- Higher education faculty across Minnesota
- K-12 educators from across Minnesota
- Education supporters (Advisors/Student Support, CTL Directors, Instructional Designers, IT Support, Librarians)
- CTE faculty
- Concurrent enrollment instructors
Join a Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Community with an embedded Short Course
Build a community with colleagues in your field of study from across Minnesota State campuses in a 12-week learning community, exploring a topic with a tangible outcome.
What to Expect:
- Receive individual pedagogical support from an equity coach and instructional designer.
- Receive compensation in the form of release credit equivalency (RCE) of $1750 in combined salary and fringe.
- Participate in up to six (6) bi-weekly virtual check-ins with your colleagues.
- Receive a copy of the e-book Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and the Brain (Hammond, 2015).
- Explore and discuss an array of evidence-based interventions that can be made within a course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
A list of participating 2023 Summer disciplines will be available soon.
- Network for Educational Development (NED) webinars
- Minnesota State Office of Equity and Inclusion Training and Professional Development
- Center for Educational Innovation - University of Minnesota
- Reusable Resources for Campus Faculty Development Teams
- Apply for Innovation or Multi-Campus Collaboration Funding
Save the Date: Teach Together Minnesota! will be held May 16, 2023.