Form submission information

The following forms may be used to request a change in status. You may print out the form(s) or request a copy be sent to you. Fill in the form completely and send it back to us.

Request for Partial Cancellation - form(s) with original signatures must be mailed to us.

  • Telephone: 651-201-1500 or Toll free (outside metro area) 1-855-508-4506
  • FAX: (651) 215-3979
  • US Mail: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Student Loan Service Center, 30 7th St E, Suite 350, St Paul, MN 55101-7804
  • E-mail:

All Perkins Loans

Military Deferment Request

For Perkins Loans after 07/02/2001

Nursing Student Loans

Partial Cancellation Form

Cancellation Types:

  • Nurse
  • Medical Technician or Allied Health Professional
  • Law Enforcement or Correctional Officer
  • Qualified Professional Provider of Early Intervention Services
  • Peace Corps/Vista Member
  • Military Service (members who serve in an area of hostility)
  • Public Defender
  • Librarian (master's degree in Library Science)
  • Speech Language Pathologist (master's degree, work exclusively in Title I school)
  • Firefighter

Child and Family Service Agency

Please print out and complete the following two forms:

Teacher Partial Cancellation Form

Teacher: Full-time teacher in a public or non-profit elementary or secondary school serving students from low-income families. To see if your school is listed in the federal register as a 'low income' school go to the Federal Student Aid web site at