Driving Economic and Social Vitality Across Minnesota
Minnesota State contributed over $8.4 billion to the state’s economy in FY2022, according to an economic contribution analysis conducted by Parker Philips, a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in economic impact analysis. The methodology used was IMPLAN data and software.
Among the overall findings:
- The $8.4 billion total economic contribution of Minnesota State in FY2022 included $4.7 billion direct and $3.7 billion indirect and induced spending, and was the result of operational spending, capital spending (10-year average), payroll and benefits paid to employees, student spending, and visitor spending.
- The operations of Minnesota State support or sustain a total of 62,125 jobs – one out of every 46 jobs in the state.
- Through its local spending and the jobs it supports or sustains, Minnesota State generates $649.2 million in state and local taxes.
- The employees of Minnesota State contribute an estimated $109.3 million annually in charitable giving and volunteerism.
- Minnesota State supports or sustains $1 out of every $49 in Minnesota’s economy.
- For every $1 in state appropriation, Minnesota State generates nearly $11 in economic activity.
Individual findings by college, university, or reporting group:
- Alexandria Technical and Community College
- Anoka-Ramsey, Anoka Technical College
- Bemidji State University, Northwest Technical College
- Central Lakes College
- Century College
- Dakota County Technical College, Inver Hills Community College
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Hennepin Technical College
- Lake Superior College
- Metro State University
- Minneapolis College
- Minnesota North College
- Minnesota State College Southeast
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Normandale Community College
- North Hennepin Community College
- Northland Community and Technical College
- Pine Technical and Community College
- Ridgewater College
- Riverland Community College
- Rochester Community and Technical College
- Saint Paul College
- South Central College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Winona State University
Read the full report below