Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid

Exceptional Value

Your state colleges and universities offer the lowest tuition and fees in Minnesota, giving you access to first-rate education options throughout the state and the ability to avoid or limit debt.

Overall, 63% of Minnesota State students — or 62% of our college students and 65% of our university students — receive some form or combination of financial aid to help pay for college or offset costs. Learn more about financial aid at Minnesota State.



  • University of Minnesota, Crookston: $11,362
  • University of Minnesota, Duluth: $13,850
  • University of Minnesota, Morris: $13,848
  • University of Minnesota, Rochester: $13,032
  • University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: $15,626

  • Augsburg College $42,064
  • Bethany Lutheran College $29,010
  • Bethel University $41,270
  • Carleton College $62,634
  • College of Saint Benedict $52,108
  • The College of Saint Scholastica $39,410
  • Concordia College $28,916
  • Concordia University, St. Paul $24,701
  • Crown College $29,230
  • Dunwoody College of Technology $23,863
  • Gustavus Adolphus College $52,498
  • Hamline University $46,643
  • Macalester College $62,270
  • Martin Luther College $17,420
  • Minneapolis College of Art and Design $42,560
  • North Central University $28,000
  • Saint John's University $52,164
  • Saint Mary's University of Minnesota $41,070
  • St. Catherine University $47,870
  • St. Olaf College $52,670
  • University of Northwestern $35,250
  • University of St. Thomas $47,941

The costs of Minnesota State colleges and universities are for average full-time tuition and fees per year for Minnesota residents. Some colleges and universities charge additional fees. Fees vary by program. For exact tuition and fees, contact the admissions office at the college or university that interests you. The costs do not include room and board for any institution listed.

Not from Minnesota? Most colleges and universities that are part of Minnesota State offer in-state tuition rates to residents of other states. For reciprocity information, click here. Check with the college or university you wish to attend for details.

All veterans, service members, and their families receive in-state tuition.