Credential Code: 500022
Revised Date(s): 5/14/08, 9/21/09
Review Date(s): 12/04/18
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or engineering or
- Associate's degree in biofuels technology, fluid power technology, robotics technology or mechatronics technology.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in biofuels plant systems, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and plant operating conditions. This experience must include two of the following: mechanical systems including pumps, compressors and heat exchangers, boiler systems operations, thermodynamic processes and applications in processing plants, pollution emissions reduction, industrial water treatment, plant operations management, distributive control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC's) and their integration process control measuring flow rate, pressure, temperature and levels.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)