Credential Code: 500116
Revised Date(s): 6/07/12
- Associate's degree, two year diploma or military certification in a related field.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in the operation and maintenance of the nuclear power industry related equipment. There must be an emphasis on mechanical and electrical subsystems (pumps, motors, compressors, valves, gearboxes, lubricants, hydraulics, pneumatics, preventative maintenance, program logic controls, or corrective maintenance). This experience must also include responsibility for monitoring and compilation of the following nuclear areas: neutron interactions, heat transfer and fluid flow, basic atomic and nuclear physics and chemistry, radiation protection and detection, reactor plant protection, and basic and detailed nuclear system knowledge.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)