Vendors and Suppliers at Minnesota State
Minnesota State is the third-largest system of higher education in the United States, serving 340,000+ students and employing 15,000+ faculty and staff each year. We continually seek vendors to fulfill purchasing and contracting needs for our 33 colleges and universities on 54 campuses across the state, as well as the system office, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Bids (RFBs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
Our values extend beyond just finding a particular good or service for the best price. Rather, it's our intention to foster relationships with vendors who embrace price, quality, compliance, service, and speed and we encourage local, women, minority, veteran, and economically disadvantaged businesses to inquire. We appreciate your interest in doing business with Minnesota State!
- Vendors interested in working with Minnesota State must first register with the state.
- If eligible, certify your business in the Targeted Group/Economically Disadvantaged/Veteran-Owned Small Business Procurement Program with the State of Minnesota.
- Also, see our vendor resources brochure.
- Review the current opportunities below. Interested vendors should submit their sealed responses, along with signed forms and accompanying materials by the listed deadlines to the appropriate individuals. Email quotes will not be accepted.
- Minnesota State is committed to enhancing and optimizing business and contracting opportunities for historically under-utilized businesses. See requirements for Supplier Diversity.
- Subscribe to the listserv to be notified of future opportunities.
- Supplier Diversity Form
- Affidavit of Non-Collusion
- Workforce and Equal Pay Declaration Page
- Economically Disadvantaged/ Veteran-Owned
- Veteran-Owned Form
- Sample Contracts (under Goods & Services)
- Minnesota State Terms and Conditions
Minnesota State must bid any good or service that is $50,000 or more. Competitive bidding allows Minnesota State to properly survey the marketplace and ensures compliance with federal, state, and Minnesota State regulations. Once you have received a request for bid or proposal, carefully review the requirements. Late bids will not be considered.
Vendors are not permitted to solicit business on Minnesota State premises unless requested. Cold calls or dropping in are not permitted. We will contact vendors based on the need for current projects. Registering and/or submitting a proposal does not guarantee selection.
Check out RFP, RFB, RFI, RFQ opportunities below:
Submission Deadline: December 19, 2022, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 16, 2022, by 10:00 am CST
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 9, 2022, by 3:00 pm CDT
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, by 4:00 pm CDT
Submission Deadline: January 19, 2023, by 2:00 pm CDR
Interested vendors should submit their sealed responses, along with signed forms and accompanying materials by the listed deadlines to the appropriate contacts. Email quotes will not be accepted.
Announcements may be also posted on the Minnesota State Register and/or the State of Minnesota Solicitation Announcements websites.
Request for Qualifications (RFQs)
Request for Bids (RFBs)
All Construction Bid Opportunities can be viewed at: Minnesota State QuestCDN Private Interface.
This includes RFP/RFQs for Online selection of Designers and Construction Managers for Construction Projects.
Construction documents may be viewed without charge. Bid documents can be downloaded for a non-refundable download delivery fee of $15.00 per project. Bidders pay $30.00 for On-line Submittals.
RFP/RFQs can be downloaded at no cost. The fee for RFP/RFQ submittals is $15 per project.
Submission Deadline: October 25, 2022 by 2:00 pm CDT
Request for Proposals (RFPs)
Architectural & Engineering Services
Saint Paul College (SPC)
Solicitation is electronic through QuestCDN.
Full RFP Solicitation documents can be downloaded and viewed at no cost at: Minnesota State QuestCDN Private Interface
QuestCDN # 8339703
Proposals are due not later than Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 2:00pm electronically through QuestCDN.
Minnesota State will hold a mandatory informational meeting on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 11:00am at SPC room L-215.
Request for Proposals
Debt and Financial Advisory Services for the Revenue Fund
2022 RFP-RF Financial Advisory
Deadline: Thursday, July 28, 2022, by 2:00 pm
Submission Deadline: December 2, 2022, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 2, 2022, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, by 2:00 pm CST
Several methods are used to select professional technical consultants based on project size, complexity, and specific requirements.
- Direct Professional Contracts are generated from selected consultants if costs are less than $50,000.
- Professional Technical Master Minnesota State IT Contract(s), currently only forensic services, may be used to provide services for a school using a work order template.
- Facility Professional Technical Contracts
- MNSITE Master Contract Program: The State of Minnesota Department of Administration and the Office of MN.IT Services operate a program for state agencies and other local units of government to contract for professional IT-related consulting and staff augmentation services in a streamlined process.
Announcing NEW Sourcing Platform
Minnesota State has developed a new sourcing platform to simplify and modernize the way we work with suppliers. This platform offers full digital transformation, transparency, supplier engagement and an easily accessible online approach. While this site is still a work-in-progress, we are eager to announce share this new site and welcome vendors to check it out. Watch this 20-minute vendor training video to learn how to register and bid on opportunities. If you have any troubles or feedback for the team, please let the procurement team know.