Vendors and Suppliers at Minnesota State
Minnesota State is the third-largest system of higher education in the United States, serving 300,000 students and employing 14,400 faculty and staff each year. We continually seek vendors to fulfill purchasing and contracting needs for our 33 colleges and universities on 54 campuses across the state, as well as the system office, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Bids (RFBs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
Our values extend beyond just finding a particular good or service for the best price. Rather, it's our intention to foster relationships with vendors who embrace price, quality, compliance, service, and speed and we encourage local, women, minority, veteran, and economically disadvantaged businesses to inquire. We appreciate your interest in doing business with Minnesota State!
- Suppliers interested in working with Minnesota State must first register with the State of Minnesota.
- After registering with the state, create an account in the Minnesota State supplier portal.
- If eligible, certify your business in the Targeted Group/Economically Disadvantaged/Veteran-Owned Small Business Procurement Program with the State of Minnesota.
- Also, see our supplier resources brochure.
- Review the current opportunities below. Interested suppliers should submit their sealed responses, along with signed forms and accompanying materials by the listed deadlines to the appropriate individuals.
- Minnesota State is committed to enhancing and optimizing business and contracting opportunities for historically under-utilized businesses. See requirements for Supplier Diversity.
- Supplier Diversity Form
- Affidavit of Non-Collusion
- Workforce and Equal Pay Declaration Page
- Economically Disadvantaged/ Veteran-Owned
- Veteran-Owned Form
- Sample Contracts (under Goods & Services)
- Minnesota State Terms and Conditions
Minnesota State must bid any good or service that is $50,000 or more. Competitive bidding allows Minnesota State to properly survey the marketplace and ensures compliance with federal, state, and Minnesota State regulations. Once you have received a request for bid or proposal, carefully review the requirements. Late bids will not be considered.
Vendors are not permitted to solicit business on Minnesota State premises unless requested. Cold calls or dropping in are not permitted. We will contact vendors based on the need for current projects. Registering and/or submitting a proposal does not guarantee selection.
Check out RFP, RFB, RFI, RFQ opportunities below:
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2024, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 7, 2023, by 5:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 7, 2023, by 3:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 11, 2023, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 8, 2023, by 12:00 am CST
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2024, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: January 5, 2024, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 6, 2023, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 14, 2023, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2023, by 2:00 pm CST
Submission Deadline: December 4, 2023, by 1:00 pm CST
Interested vendors should submit their sealed responses, along with signed forms and accompanying materials by the listed deadlines to the appropriate contacts. Email quotes will not be accepted.
Announcements may be also posted on the Minnesota State Register and/or the State of Minnesota Solicitation Announcements websites.
CONSTRUCTIONThere are several methods used to select contractors for Minnesota State projects based on construction amount, complexity, project specific requirements, and delivery method.
Design/Bid/Build - Informal Request - (under $100,000)
Often used for construction services less than $50,000 that may or may not require the signature of the design professional for a building permit. Quotes are obtained by a signed written proposal or by phone (with signed written confirmation) taking into consideration of TG/ED/VO preferences and selection is based on lowest cost.
Request for Qualifications (RFQs)
Request for Bids (RFBs)All Construction Bid Opportunities over $100,000 can be viewed at: Minnesota State QuestCDN Private Interface. Selection is based on lowest responsible bidder's cost taking into consideration TG/ED/VO (Targeted Group/Economically Disadvantaged/Veteran Owned) preference.
This includes RFP/RFQs for Online selection of Designers and Construction Managers for Construction Projects.
Construction documents may be viewed without charge. Bid documents can be downloaded for a non-refundable download delivery fee of $15.00 per project. Bidders pay $30.00 for On-line Submittals.
RFP/RFQs can be downloaded at no cost. The fee for RFP/RFQ submittals is $15 per project.
PROFESSIONAL TECHNICALProfessional/Technical consultants are selected for projects based on fee amount, complexity, project specific requirements and delivery method.
Facilities Professional Technical Roster www.minnstate.edu/system/finance/facilities/design-construction/pm_emanual/index.html
Scroll down to “Part 4: Consultant and Construction Selection and Contracts”. P/T Roster is a convenient list for a campus to solicit for services for projects
- Public RFQ is issued semi-annually, with postings in the State Register and on Minnesota State - Vendor & Supplier Opportunities website
- Interested firms may submit qualifications to be considered to be included on the pre-vetted Facilities Professional Technical Roster list for 34 professional services categories
- Firms meeting minimum criteria for each professional service category will be listed on the Roster for campus solicitation
- Campuses or the system office will issue a RFP to selected firms from the P/T Roster list taking into consideration of project criteria and TG/ED/VO preference
- Selection is based on combination of qualifications and fee
Informal Requests - Fee’s less than ($50,000)
Invited RFP issued to a minimum of two consultants. Selection based on a combination of qualifications and criteria that includes consideration of TG/ED/VO preferences.
Other Public Solicitations—Fee’s over ($50,000)
Solicitation is posted below. Solicitation may also be in State Register and/or college/university websites. Quest CDN may be used to facilitate proposal process. Selection based on a combination of qualifications and fee that includes consideration of TG/ED/VO preferences.
State Designer Selection Board Public Solicitation
https://mn.gov/admin/government/construction-projects/sdsb/about/ . Required to be used for selection of an Architect/Engineer on General Obligation funded capital projects with construction over $4 million or planning fees over $400,000. Public solicitation is posted in the State Register, which provides link to RFP materials.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFPs)
Request for Proposal for Architectural and Engineering Services
System Office Redesign project
Minnesota State System Office, St. Paul, MN
Quest CDN #8808591
Project documents can be downloaded at no cost at:
Minnesota State QuestCDN Private Interface Proposals are due 2:30 PM CT Thursday November 16, 2023 via Quest CDN.
A non-mandatory informational meeting and tour will be held on Friday, November 3, 2023, 10:30 a.m.-noon. Interested respondents should meet outside our Suite 350 at the Wells Fargo Place tower at 30 E. 7th Street. There is some on-street 2-hr parking available. Parking is also available in the Children’s Museum parking garage (skyway access directly into 3rd Floor WFP) or the Treasure Island Center next door.
STATE DESIGNER SELECTION BOARD (Project 23-14)
Rochester Community Technical College (RCTC)
Heintz Center 2023 Renovation to Support Equity in Industry and Public Safety A/E RFP
A mandatory informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. CT at the Heintz Center, Room H1203, 1926 Collegeview Rd E E, Rochester, MN 55904. Park in the Visitor parking. The meeting will include a tour of the proposed project areas and a review of the scope of work.
Project Proposals Due to the State Designer Selection Board: Monday, November 13, 2023 by 12:00 noon CT
Submission Deadline: December 4, 2023, by 1:00 p.m. CST
Several methods are used to select professional technical consultants based on project size, complexity, and specific requirements.
- Direct Professional Contracts are generated from selected consultants if costs are less than $50,000.
- Professional Technical Master Minnesota State IT Contract(s), currently only forensic services, may be used to provide services for a school using a work order template.
- Facility Professional Technical Contracts
- MNSITE Master Contract Program: The State of Minnesota Department of Administration and the Office of MN.IT Services operate a program for state agencies and other local units of government to contract for professional IT-related consulting and staff augmentation services in a streamlined process.
Announcing NEW Sourcing Platform
Minnesota State has developed a new sourcing platform to simplify and modernize the way we work with suppliers. This platform offers full digital transformation, transparency, supplier engagement and an easily accessible online approach. While this site is still a work-in-progress, we are eager to announce share this new site and welcome vendors to check it out. Watch this 20-minute vendor training video to learn how to register and bid on opportunities. If you have any troubles or feedback for the team, please let the procurement team know.