Is Your College or Program Closing?

Minnesota State welcomes you!

If you're a former student of Argosy, Art Institutes International Minnesota, Globe University/Minnesota School of Business, ITT Technical Institute, Le Cordon Bleu, McNally Smith, Regency Beauty Institute or others, Minnesota State invites you to complete your education with us and welcomes any questions you have regarding transferring credits, financial aid, or applying.

Minnesota State offers an extraordinary education at an exceptional value.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Minnesota State consists of 33 state colleges and universities with 54 convenient campuses throughout Minnesota.

We offer over 4,000 academic programs - with over 700 programs offered fully online - including associates and bachelor's degrees in Information Systems and Cybersecurity, Software Development, Network Systems Administration, Electrical Engineering and Communications Technology, Drafting and Design Technology, Project Management, Accounting, Business Management, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Music and more...

Plus, Minnesota State is the most affordable higher education option in the state. Check out this comparison table of tuition and fees in Minnesota.

Minnesota State is here for you every step of the way:

Step 1: Review our academic programs conveniently located near you OR online.

Step 2: Ask Us if you have any questions. Minnesota State is here for you every step of the way. 

Step 3: Follow up with the college or university you're interested in by contacting an advisor who can help with the transfer of credits, financial aid questions, and information about applying. An online advisor will provide you with a campus contact who can help with your specific needs.

Additional Information regarding Prior Learning Assessments

Students are able to transfer or receive college credit for prior college-level learning obtained through a variety of non-credit or experiential settings. Each Minnesota State college and university has procedures for granting credit through standardized CLEP examinations, military training or service, Advanced Placement exams, International Baccalaureate diplomas, and (in some cases) college course credit by examinations, individualized assessments, portfolio reviews, or competence demonstrations.

Additional Information for Veterans and Service Members

Minnesota State has a long history of providing education and training opportunities to veterans, service members, and their families. Our Veterans Education Transfer System (VETS) shows how many academic credits you can receive for military occupations prior to admissions. In addition, you can see how your military courses transfer to our 33 colleges and universities through Since 2008, we have awarded over 153,000 credits for military occupations and courses, saving veterans and service members more than $29 million and more than 6 million hours. 

Additional Information about Financial Aid

Students may be eligible for financial aid to help pay for college and Minnesota State can help you with the process. If you’ve received financial aid at your previous institution(s), the following information may be relevant:

Federal Student Aid
For information on your federal student aid history and your remaining eligibility for certain federal student aid programs, including your remaining Pell Grant eligibility, please visit My Federal Student Aid.  

Please note that you can no longer use your Federal Student Aid PIN. If you haven’t already, create an FSA ID to access your loan history.

Student Loans
If you’re eligible for a “Closed School Loan Discharge,” you will have no further obligation to repay the loan, will receive reimbursement of payments made voluntarily or through forced collection, and the discharge will be reported to credit bureaus to delete any adverse credit history associated with the loan(s). Eligibility depends on a student’s plan for continuing their education.

Students can apply for a Closed School Loan Discharge if:

  • they are enrolled, but have not completed their program because of the school closing AND
  • do not intend to complete their program OR
  • intend to transfer to a new school, but enroll in a completely different program.

Students are not eligible for a Closed School Loan Discharge if:

  • they are enrolled, but have not completed their program because of the school closing AND
  • transfer to a comparable educational program at another school through a teach-out arrangement OR
  • by transferring their academic credits or hours earned.

For more information, see the US Department of Education’s criteria for discharge and how you can apply.

Additional Information on School Closings and Student Alerts

The Minnesota Office of Higher Education provides relevant information to students affected by recent school closures and any regulatory actions taken. Check their website often for updates.