Electronic Tax Forms

Great news - you can now consent to receive your Minnesota State Colleges and Universities tax forms electronically!   Instead of receiving a paper form by United States mail, the forms will be made available in PDF format in your Student eService account. Signing up for this student service is easy. Log into your Student eServices account, if you are eligible to receive a 1098-T Tuition Statement and/or Student Payroll W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, you will see a message in the Action Item area on your dashboard. Simply click on the message to consent to receive the tax form electronically.  When the 1098-T Tuition Statements and/or Student Payroll W-2 Wage and Tax Statements are available electronically, in January of each year, you will receive notice in your Action Item area and by email with the following subject line: IMPORTANT TAX RETURN DOCUMENT AVAILABLE.

To check on whether you have consented to electronic delivery, click on My Profile in the upper right hand corner of your Student eServices dashboard and then click on the Opt In/Opt Out link. 

Other Resources
Visit the Student Tax Information page to find links to IRS education related tax information and for information on Minnesota State Colleges & Universities 1098-T Tuition Statement reporting.

For more information on the W-2 Wage and Tax Statement and income tax returns, please visit the Internal Revenue Service web site at www.irs.gov and/or consult your tax advisor.

Electronic Tax Form Disclosure Language

Electronic 1098-T Tuition Statement Disclosure
Electronic W-2 Wage & Tax Statement Disclosure

Foreign (Nonresident Alien) Student Workers and Form 1042-S
If you are a foreign student that claimed a tax treaty benefit exempting all or a portion of your Student Payroll wages from Federal and state income tax withholding, you will receive a paper 1042-S Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding form in the mail. Please contact your campus Student Payroll office for reprints of current and prior year 1042-S forms.

For more information about foreign students and U.S. taxes, please visit the IRS Foreign Student and Scholar web page at:

Another important tax resource is the IRS Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens that can be found by entering the phrase "Pub 519" into the search engine on the IRS website at www.irs.gov.


If you have questions or comments please e-mail us at tax@minnstate.edu or refer to the staff directory link at the top of this page for additional contact information.